Monday, February 06, 2006

The Devil on Powder and Ice. Whitepass vs Snoqualmie

Satuday, Jan 28, 2006. WHITE PASS.

I can even tell people that White Pass trip is "awesome". It was snowing the wholeday. Dry powder softer than my bed.

Finally, after trying to learn snowboarding so many times !!!, I can link my turn.

Awesome is a word that I dun use often now (My perception of that word is that it's only used by teenage dude =). But the trip was really AWESOME !!! I can say that out loud.

You can read my friend's Babon Bangke Butut blog for details. Our car slipped into the ditch. All the guys had fun in the hot tub. Cold chicken wing and hot BBQ ribs. But linking my turn is my highlight.

Saturday, Feb 4, 2006. Snoqualmie Central.

Wind gust 30 - 40 mph. We weren't sure if we want to go or not. But I insisted on going because I want to make sure I don't forget the feeling of linking my turn.

But it was icy... I couldn't believe it. I could only link my turn in the powdery flat spot.

It's a combination of icy and my mental telling me not to fall.

BUT .... ME being ME. I will keep trying.
Hopefully, things will be better in Stevens Pass next week.

No comments:

09 10