Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Yogurt honey arugula salad - Nothing beats fresh cut arugula from the garden


Last weekend we celebrated our anniversary. I told my hubby that I want to have a date at home and so we did. It was the best date and anniversary dinner so far.

I dropped the kids at our friend's place while my hubby cleaned the house and cooked for me. He picked lettuce and arugula from our garden and made this salad. I LOVED IT ! First of all... if you've never eaten arugula fresh pick then you've never eaten arugula =P. With lettuce, I like that I get a fresh batch each time I pick from my garden. But with arugula, the taste is way different from what I get in the store. This is the first year we planted arugula and it was so easy to plant too.

I am not much of a salad eater, but I like this yogurt dressing. It's low fat, light, refreshing and so easy to make.

So I am sharing this idea with you. Maybe it's obvious for many people, but we never used yogurt for salad dressing before and we sure will continue to use it.

Veggies: Arugula, lettuce, red pepper, red onion, cucumber

Dressings:
- Low fat plain yogurt
- Honey to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredient.

Sorry there is no exact measurement. This is my hubby cooking. He never use exact measurement.

And off course he cooked more stuff. But that's for another post. See you next time !

No comments:

09 10