Thursday, May 22, 2014

Tiramisu Oat for breakfast? This overnight chocolate oat taste like one !

Tiramisu Overnight Oat


I love oatmeal, but not so for my hubby. I try the overnight oat because it is easy and I don't have to wait for it to cool down for my kids to eat; I mean it's the right temperature right of the bat.

To my surprise, my hubby also loves it. He actually begs me to make it almost daily, which I am happy to do. My daughter is also proud to *cook* healthy food for her dad.

I've seen so many overnight oat recipes with fruits online, but I am not a big fan of berries. So I use chocolate yogurt. Yes yes... some people may find that chocolate and yogurt do not match, but you gotta try this. Here it is our fave overnight oat recipe. What's yours?

Ingredients:
- 1 cup chocolate yogurt (I use Brown Cow). I tried using non fat yogurt but I find the result is not as smooth.
- 1/2 cup of oat or oat bran. My hubby likes it better with oat, but since oat bran has more fiber I sometimes mix them both.
- 2 tsp of chia seeds/wheat germ/flax seeds
- 2 tbsp milk

Steps:
  1. Mix all ingredients in a glass jar. Stir well.
  2. Refrigerate overnight.
  3. Enjoy in the morning. Optional: My husband adds sliced almond in the morning before he eats it. 

No comments:

09 10