Monday, April 21, 2014

Chocolate Avocado Popsicle



I love avocado. What's not to love... it's smooth and full of the good fat. I tribute my high HDL and my non traceable LDL from my love of avocado (ha ha ha =!). I've been trying to get my family (esp hubby) to eat more of the good fat so I was so happy when I saw this chocolate pudding recipe using avocado from PickyEater blog. I tried it and I loved it, but my hubby and my kids are not a big fan of pudding. Since my family loves ice cream, I thought I modify the recipe to make it as the base for ice cream.

And Yes Yes Yes !! They love it. If you know me, you will know why I am so happy that they love it. My cooking skill is non existent compared to my hubby's.

So here it is, the recipe:

Ingredients:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 4 tbsp agave (or sugar/honey equivalent)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder

Steps:
  1.  Put all ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth.
  2.  Put them in Popsicle mold. Freeze for 1 day or more. 




No comments:

09 10