Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Our pet: the ladybug

Our LadyBug pet

One of H favorite book series is Ladybug Girl. She loves Ladybug Girl at the Beach, Ladybug Girl and the Big Snow, Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy and others. I also love this series because it reminds me to see things from H perspective. Things that small or simple for us may not be so for her. A short walk for me may seem long for her, a small up step may look like a hill for her height.

When I saw this at Amazon before Christmas, I thought this Insect Lore Ladybug Land will make it more educational. I bought it for her Christmas present along with the Ladybug books. It came with ladybug larvae mail in form, but I lost it while waiting for Spring time. Bummer. But my hubby caught one outside his office last month.

The kids had been having so much fun with it. They (and I do too) are learning about what lady bug eats. We read from the web that ladybug eats bug (doehh). Since we are not having much luck looking for the bug to feed her, we tried to feed her our leftover fruits. When we're lucky, we feed her the small bug we found in the veggies we bought from the store.

I also show H the ladybug lifecycle stages in the picture. She does not seem to be that interested at this point. That's fine ... maybe next time.

H is so proud to take care of her ladybug. Last weekend, I saw someone offering their pet bunny in FB. I thought H will love it, but my hubby shut the idea down right away. I was a bit disappointed, but H was so sweet. She said: Thanks Mom! I want to have a pet bunny, but it's OK mom. I already have one pet. My ladybug. Awww...

No comments:

09 10