Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pink Klepon - Javanese Better Than Mochi Rice Cake



I have sweet tooth and I love mochi rice cake. Klepon got them all. I bite into a soft pandan/frambozen heaven then POP !! The sweet palm sugar water flows into my mouth. All in a bite.

So when my friend made this - I have to learn to make it myself (Thanks Hellen for sharing) Nothing beats fresh out of the batch klepon. And rather than using pandan, I choose to use rose/frambozen flavoring. Just because I love pink =).

Total time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:
- 3 oz glutinous rice flour
- 15 gr palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp rose flavoring or pandan flavoring for green color
- 10 tbsp Grated coconut

Steps:
1. Start boiling water in a pot (about ~ 1/2 of the pot height).
2. Grate the palm sugar. Using your hand, take ~1 tsp of the grated palm sugar and roll it to a ball (each ~ 0.5 inch in diameter).
3. In separate bowl, add water into glutinous rice flour and mix it until it has a play dough like consistency. Once the consistency is achieved. Add rose flavoring
4. Take ~1/2 tbsp of the rice flour dough and roll it to a ball. Flatten it out, put one palm sugar ball in the middle and cover the palm sugar with the rice flour dough. The palm sugar ball is inside the glutinous rice flour ball now. Continue with the rest of the dough.
5. Put each glutinous rice flour ball in the boiling water.
6. Spread grated coconut in a small plate.
6. Once the rice ball floats in the boiling water (let it sit for couple more minutes). Roll it on top the grated coconut.
7. Let it sit for 5 minutes.

No comments:

09 10